So in the wake of ‘The Donald’ presidency rule in the United States of America, a lot of Nigerians have looked towards Canada as an alternative for majorly tourism and schooling and have started applying for a Canadian Visa from Nigeria. The Canadian embassy in Nigeria is located in two cities, Lagos and Abuja, where they offer the same services to everyone.
Just like the detailed post we did on getting a Visa to the UK, we will give you a clear and very detailed explanation of what to do.
Before applying for a Canadian Visa from Nigeria, you will need to have a valid Nigerian passport that must also be valid 30 days after your intended stay in the UK. Failing to do this could incur hefty fines and penalties. Apply or renew your passport online or at your nearest immigration office if you have not already done so.
- A valid international passport for at least 6 months
- Knowledge of medical history
- Evidence of work history, business assets and family
- Sufficient funds in your account to cover all travel expense
- Availability of all visa and immigration supporting documents
- You must pose no security, health or violent threats to yourself and others, also, you must have a clean record void of any criminal activities
- Medical report and photocopy of Yellow fever vaccination certificate
- A detailed bank statement from your financial institution showing evidence of sufficient funds
- One recent color passport photograph with a white background
- Police clearance certificate
- Tax clearance certificate
- Confirmation of travel insurance
- Letter of consent from your employer or education establishment
Considering the validity of your eligibility status, you can now proceed to fill your visa application form while applying for a Canadian Visa from Nigeria.So you can either submit your application in person or mail it to submit in person at either their Lagos or Abuja office, please follow the steps below.
Step 1 :
Read complete information on the visa/permit requirements on the IRCC website and download the appropriate application forms and checklist relevant to the purpose of your visit. Please refer to the Prepare Your Application page to obtain details on visas/permits.
Step 2 :
Fill out the application form and other relevant documents electronically and print.
Forms (including the barcoded sheets) are to be printed on a white, bond quality, non-glossy paper, using a laser printer. If you are unable to provide all the supporting documents as mentioned in the official IRCC document checklist, you are required to fill out and sign the waiver form and attach it with your application form.
Failure to provide a completed and signed waiver form may result in additional delays or refusal of your application for a visa, permit or travel document.
Step 3 :
IMPORTANT: If a completed and signed VFS consent form is not included with the application, we will NOT be able to assist you, and your application will be returned to you.
Step 4 :
Pay visa fees and biometric fee, if required, as per instructions in the Canadian Visa Office website.
Please note that when submitting application via the CVAC, in person or by mail, visa fees must be paid in addition to CVAC (VFS Global) service charge.
Step 5 :
Visit your local Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC), make sure you bring your passport, photographs, completed forms and all supporting documents and photocopies as per checklist and IRCC fee and payment instructions. Applicable service charges will be levied. Please ensure you bring an accepted method of payment.
Step 6 :
Once you are at CVAC, pay the service charges, hand your complete application and obtain a receipt. This receipt contains a unique tracking number which you will need to track the progress of your application online.
Important Note: If you need to provide biometrics, your $85 CAD biometric fee covers the CVAC service charge for application handling.
After the steps above, a review will be done on your application and you will be required to submit your Passport either in person or though courier. Ensure to include the following
- The passport request letter you received from IRCC
- Any applicable visa application center (VAC) fees, such as passport transmission fees, courier fees/ or self-addressed prepaid courier envelope etc.
- Your contact information, including your email, phone number and return address
- The VAC consent form
The service charge of CAN$39.79 (N9, 150) should be paid at any GT bank with the details below:
Account Name: CANADA VALUE ADDED SERVICE COLLECTION
Account Number: 0109515451
After payment, details should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
The passport will be submitted to The Deputy High Commission of Canada. After review, you’ll be notified of passport retrieval which you can pick up in person or use the self-addressed prepaid courier envelope.